Lobster Mac and Cheese

I am a fan of lobster and I love macaroni and cheese even though it is fattening but I don't eat it as much as I used to. I like to make simple meals or meals that are quick to prepare because no one wants to stay in the kitchen all day cooking. Here is a quick and easy recipe you can serve any day of the week.
cheese

The quickest way to make this recipe is grab a box of Kraft macaroni and cheese and add the ingredients to it but that is a little too simple and you want it to taste good since some box foods are too salty I think. My version of lobster macaroni and cheese is quick and easy and better than a box brand.
Ingredients
16 Oz package of elbow macaroni or shells pasta
1 jar old English cheese spread or Velveeta cheese block
1 8 oz package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
Half stick of butter
½ cup bread crumbs
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
Lobster pieces (frozen)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic
I prepare macaroni pasta according to package directions first salting the boiling water. I add macaroni with 2 tsp butter to hot water. Afterwards I drain the macaroni pasta. I mix 2 tsp butter with the garlic to make a garlic butter sauce and pour over lobster pieces in a casserole dish and put in oven for about 15-20 minutes. I add the jar of old English cheese spread and the cup of milk to macaroni. Then I add a couple of tsp butter back to the macaroni and mix in the package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I usually don't add pepper to my macaroni and cheese until after it's done and on the plate but you can add the salt and pepper to taste. I take 1 egg and add to the macaroni stirring it in mixing it well. By the time you do this step the lobster is ready.
Remove the lobster from oven and cut into pieces and add to the cheesy macaroni. Place the lobster macaroni and cheese into casserole dish and top with bread crumb and parmesan mixture and bake in the oven until golden brown and bubbly. I would serve this with a warm buttered roll and a green vegetable as a side dish such as steamed asparagus, broccoli, or green beans.


Comments