Cinnamon Banana Pancakes - Sugar Free

Delicious and nutritious pancakes with a little bit of cinnamon spice and the benefit of no sugar yet lots of sweetness! I love pancakes and waffles but even more than that, I love pancakes and waffles with fruit added to them. They are delicious and with fruit added, they are more nutritious than plain pancakes and waffles.
pancakes

Adding bananas to my pancakes is something I have done for many years now and not only do I love them, but it is a great way to add another serving of fruit to my diet. Even better is that my kids love them and always come back for seconds and sometimes thirds.
I also have a major sweet tooth and I have found ways to satisfy that sweet tooth without putting more processed sugar into my body. So these are healthy pancakes or waffles that are full of good flavour!
Serves 4 - depending on how large you make your waffles or pancakes.
To begin get out a large bowl and combine:
1 3/4 C flour
2 T Splenda
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
Add one at a time in my favorite kitchen appliance the Miracle Chopper Salsa Maker or a Food Processor. If you don't have either of those, you can also mix with a potato masher, a large fork or even just squish it all together with clean hands.
2 bananas - the more ripe, the easier they squish
1 large egg
1 1/2 C milk (use low or non-fat to lower fat content)
1/4 C unsweetened applesauce (I use applesauce instead of oil)
Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture and add all at one time, the banana mixture. Mix well, but not too well or you will not have fluffy cakes. You should still be able to see a few lumps in your batter.
Pour 1/4 C of batter for each cake onto a greased hot griddle or a cast iron pan. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes on each side or until brown.
This recipe does not need to be altered at all to be used to make waffles, so feel free to add however much batter your waffle iron asks for, cook as directed and enjoy a mouth-watering waffle!
Serve topped with butter or margarine, warm sugar-free syrup, sugar-free jam, peanut butter, unsweetened applesauce, non-fat whipped cream, a combination of these or whatever else your heart desires!
Your mouth will thank you!


Comments