How to Make an Easy Waffle Recipe

My family has been enjoying a recipe that originated from my great-grandmother. This recipe has been a favorite for breakfast for generations. It's a really quick recipe for waffles. Since I was the closest to my great-grandmother, my family constantly calls me for this recipe. It's a very simple recipe, that I have my children making. They love making this dish from scratch. My great-grandmother did not measure anything.
waffle recipe

She said the ingredients and the amount were all in her head. She would just put what she thought was enough flour, milk, etc. Before she passed, I was able to figure out about how much she would use of each ingredient I taught my daughter this recipe when she was 8 years old. She was so eager to find out what the big deal was to the waffles. Well, I'm sharing what has been in our household for decades.
Great-Grandma's Waffles
- 2 cups sifted Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- 1 stick of melted Butter (although you can use margarine, butter tastes better)
- 1 cup of Milk (may need to put a little more in for consistency)
- 1 capful of Vanilla flavoring
- 2/3 capful of Lemon flavoring
Pre-heat your waffle iron. Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the butter, then the milk and finally the flavorings. Open your waffle iron and spray cooking spray on the top and bottom of the grills. Pour about two scoops of batter into the waffle iron. Ensure you don't overfill, because the batter will expand. Cook your waffle according to your waffle iron's specification. The above batter makes about 3-4 Belgian waffles for my family.



Comments