Easy Chicken Recipe in Just 7 Steps

So here goes, this has been my closely guarded easy chicken recipe. I developed this method when I was in high school. Back then I was always on the go and was always involved in some kind of sport. My body craved the carbs, fat and protein, but sometimes my parents just did not cook up the most healthy foods. I LOVE chicken. Let me say that again, I LOVE chicken. So I had to come up with a low fat, easy way to cook up chicken. One where there was not much of a chance that I would burn the chicken, seal in the moisture and would have a juicy tasty meal.

chicken recipes




I got the idea one day after watching my mom steam some vegetables. So later that night I left for my part time job. I worked at a grocery store at the time and while I was walking up and down the aisles, it dawned on me - my easy chicken recipe.


Right before I left that night I grabbed a couple of things that would soon be my easy chicken recipe that I could share with others as well as my family. What I bought at the store was:

1 tray of chicken breasts
Lemon Pepper Seasoning
What I needed from home was:
1 medium sized pot with a lid
1 metal strainer
Tin Foil
Water

That's it! How simple is that? Easy enough? Think you could make your own chicken this way? Its very simple. So here are the directions for making my easy chicken recipe:

Step 1: Place one chicken breast on a piece of tin foil large enough that it can get wrapped completely.
Step 2: Season with your favorite seasoning, mine happens to be lemon pepper, you can also add some butter if you want.
Step 3: Wrap the chicken in the foil
Step 4: Fill your pot with water and place the metal strainer in the pot, be sure that there is not too much water in the pot that it goes higher than the bottom of the strainer. Bring water to a boil.
Step 5: Place your wrapped chicken breast in the strainer and cover with lid.
Step 6: Steam until chicken is cooked, usually around 10-15 minutes. Cooking times may vary depending on size of the chicken breast. After the first time you make this easy chicken recipe you will see how much time is needed.
Step 7: Enjoy your easy chicken recipe with your favorite side dish!

The one thing you will find is that your chicken will be tender and moist. It will also be a snap to clean up -all you have to do is wash the pot and strainer. You may also want to experiment with the time and amount of water and different seasonings as these variables will enhance your easy chicken recipe. Enjoy!

Comments