Super Easy Chicken Dinner in the Crockpot

I am the type of person though that loves easy recipes (less than 5 ingredients). Yes, I know the whole point of the crock-pot is you don't actually have to "cook" anything, so who cares how many ingredients it is. Well, maybe I don't want to go to the store and buy a whole bunch of weird ingredients that I will only use for one recipe? I know I can't be the only one that thinks that way.
chicken recipes

Here is one of the easiest crock-pot recipes
Ingredients:
4-6 chicken breasts (thawed) or more depending on the size of your family.
Large jar of your favorite salsa (I like to use the black bean and corn salsa that is from Pampered Chef)
1/2 cup of water
Soft shell tortillas (optional)
Your crock-pot
Directions:
1.) Place your chicken breasts at the bottom.
2.) Pour entire jar of salsa over the chicken breasts.
3.) Pour the 1/2 cup of water surrounding the chicken (this is an optional step. I like to add water to it just to make sure it doesn't burn).
4.) Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5.) My family likes to eat these as regular chicken breasts and we add the extra salsa on top when I serve it (like a dressing or a sauce). You can also shred the chicken right in the crock-pot (it is really tender, so a fork will slice through it so easily), and serve on a tortilla shell and eat like a chicken taco.
So that is my super easy chicken dinner. I don't have a name for it, I guess you can just call it Super Easy Chicken Dinner.

Comments