Nutritious Pancake Recipe

I've been trying for years to come up with a pancake recipe that my whole family would like. I've probably tried two dozen different mixes and variations of recipes. Unfortunately, I'd end up with a lot of uneaten pancakes. Best case, half of us would eat them and the other half would be reaching for the cereal box. 
pancake recipe

If I add too much whole wheat flour, oatmeal, or flax, my kids object to the texture. If I don't add any whole grains and just use white flour, I object to the lack of nutritional value. FINALLY! I'm thrilled that this recipe did it. All ate it and all loved it! To all of you that don't have time in the morning to make a substantial, nutritious breakfast, this could be your answer. The best part of this recipe is that you can mix up the dry ingredients on the week-end and store it in an air-tight container. During the week, you just need to add an egg, milk, and fruit and you can have a great, quick breakfast that will keep you energized through our busy mornings.
PANCAKE MIX
4 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
2 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup flax seed meal
2/3 cup granulatedsugar
2 T baking powder
1 T baking soda
for each 1 cup of mix, add:
1 large egg
¾ cup fat-free milk
½ cup blueberries
each cup of mix makes 6 pancakes (3 servings)
Nutrition (per serving)
calories - 197
saturated fat -.7 grams
sodium - 230 mg
fiber - 3.2 g
protein - 8 g



Comments