Crockpot Chili Recipe

It is officially fall my favorite time of the year, and that means it is time to watch some football with a big bowl of spicy hot chili. One knows its autumn when everybody around is cooking chili at their house or bringing it to work in their lunch. It is something about that cool chilly weather that screams soups, stews and chili.
chili recipe

Most people cook their chili in a pot on the stove top, but I like to fix my chili in the Crockpot. I love slow cooking my food. To me it tastes better and there is less worry of checking on it periodically. Throw all the ingredients into the Crockpot and go do other things such as housecleaning. A few hours later your meal is complete, and the only worry is finding where to store the left over chili. Cleaning out the Crockpot is the bothersome part. Here's my simple recipe to how I make chili.
Ingredients
1 lb ground beef
1 onion
Half of a green pepper
8 oz of spaghetti (half a box)
2 cans tomato sauce or (1 jar)
1 can kidney beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 bottle of beer (your favorite I like Corona)
¼ cup of Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp cumin
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp sugar
Salt and pepper
Chop your onion and green peppers. Brown ground beef in a skillet along with the onions and peppers. Drain the fat off and put the beef mixture in the Crockpot. Pour in the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, kidney beans, stewed tomatoes and stir around. Then add the spices such as the chili powder, cumin and cinnamon. I know cinnamon is an unusual ingredient to add to chili, but it makes the chili taste good. Add a Tbsp of sugar and salt and pepper to taste. After that pop, the top off the beer bottle and have a sip then pour the rest into the chili. One may ask who puts beer in chili. I do, and I love it. Break the spaghetti noodles in half and add them to the Crockpot. Stir the mixture around to mix all the ingredients well. Set the chili on a low or high setting; I prefer to cook on low for 2 to 4 hours. When the chili is ready, fix up a bowl and sprinkle some cheddar cheese on top along with some saltines.

Comments